West Coast Title Search Ltd. (WCTS) is committed to upholding the confidentiality and security of your personal information. We consider "personal information" to be information about an identifiable individual. We do not consider public information found in directories and listings, or business names, addresses and/or contact numbers, to be personal information.
We have adopted, as Company policy, the ten personal information privacy principles stated in the Canadian Standards Association (CSA) Model Code for the Protection of Personal Information. The ten principles are as follows:
(1) Accountability - We will identify individuals at WCTS who are to be specifically responsible for our compliance with the CSA Code. Should you have questions or concerns about how your information is handled please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
(2) Identifying purposes - We will only collect and use personal information about our customers to identify them, to communicate with them, to protect WCTS against error and fraud, to understand what services our customers want and to provide information about those services to our customers. We will not disclose any personal information concerning our customers to anyone else and we will not permit anyone else to use personal information about our customers for any purpose without the customer's consent.
(3) Consent - Before collecting, using or disclosing any personal information about any individual, we will ensure that we have the individual's consent in an appropriate form.
(4) Limiting Collection - We will collect personal information only for the purposes stated above unless we receive consent from the individual to collect it for another purpose.
(5) Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention - We will use and disclose an individual's personal information only for the purposes stated above, unless we have the individual's consent to using or disclosing it for another purpose. Should WCTS require the services of third parties to handle your information, we will require them to adhere to privacy procedures that will keep your information confidential. These third parties will be given only the information necessary for performing their service(s).
(6) Accuracy - We will maintain all personal information in our possession in as accurate, complete and up-to-date form as is necessary for the purposes for which it is to be used. Although it is your responsibility to inform WCTS of any relevant changes in your personal information, we will take steps to ensure that you are able from time to time to verify the information in your file.
(7) Safeguards - We will protect all personal information in our possession from unauthorized access or alteration or from inadvertent destruction by security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information.
(8) Openness - We will make this Corporate Privacy Statement readily available in our offices, and on our website. Individuals may make inquiries about personal information privacy issues by contacting our privacy officer by e-mail (email@example.com).
(9) Individual Access - We will give any individual access to the personal information about him or her that we have in our possession. Individuals may request access to their personal information in our possession by contacting our privacy officer by any of the means noted above. In the event that the individual demonstrates that the information which we have in our possession is inaccurate or incomplete, we will make any appropriate changes.
(10) Addressing Comments and Concerns - Any individual may address any issues about our collection, use or disclosure of personal information by contacting our privacy officer by any of the means noted above.
The foregoing is the Corporate Privacy Statement of West Coast Title Search Ltd.