The Registry Agent is a team member of the New Westminster Land and Court Department and as such must work towards fulfilling company goals while meeting or exceeding department standards of performance. The Registration Agent performs a variety of simple to complex clerical tasks under limited supervision, exercising initiative and independent judgment in the performance of assigned tasks.
A. Typical Duties
1. Retrieves, organizes, and handles numerous documents from various government databases. For example:
2. Maintains a thorough knowledge and understanding of registration procedures as outlined in the West Coast Registration Procedure Manual.
3. Maintains a good working knowledge of the Land Title Act and the requirements of the Land Title Office as outlined in the Land Title Practice Manual, and the Land Title Transfer Forms Guidebook.
4. Maintains a thorough knowledge of the Supreme Court rules and the requirements of the various Departments in the Court system related to the filing of documents.
5. Recognizes priorities within the area of registrations and ensures all documents are handled in a timely and efficient manner.
6. Prepares & double-checks filings to be filed by Messengers or subcontractors in outlying Courts and ensures they are handled in a timely and efficient manner.
7. Monitors rush filings and filings, which require further action in LTO, court or Process Serving.
8. Draws up and completes invoices for client requests from point of origin through billing and ensures all information is recorded completely and accurately.
9. Has telephone contact with clients and is able to respond to clients' queries or concerns in a clear, precise and professional manner.
10. Performs miscellaneous assignments or duties as requested or assigned. (e.g. client runs, message runs, end of day tasks etc.).
B. Equipment Used
Will be asked to operate standard office equipment such as:
C. Job Specifications
Necessary skills and abilities
Additional skills and abilities
Our companies, West Coast Title Search Ltd. And West Coast Process Serving Ltd. are Registry Services providers to lawyers and law firms. We have three locations, Vancouver, New Westminster and Victoria with just under 60 employees.
This position is mostly on the road, with very little office work – but paper work, a valid BC driver's license, along with proficiency with technology, such as cell phones and computers, are requirements of the job. This is definitely not for people who like to stay in one place or who do not like to be out and about in all weather. We would like someone who has at least 3-4 years driving experience and is familiar with both Vancouver and the surrounding suburbs. This is a job for people who enjoy mobility and a change in routine.
Process serving is delivering legal documents to individuals and companies. It requires someone who is confident, persistent, likes a challenge and who is able to exercise initiative. As we are often delivering documents to people at their homes, where they can best be reached outside of regular working hours, process serving work involves evening and weekends. As a Process Server, you are required to adhere to our service standards, be available between 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. for phone calls and urgent work and to come into our New West or Vancouver Office daily, at an expected time, to pick up new work and drop off completed work.
Please submit your resume to email@example.com and indicate whether you have a valid B.C. driver’s license.
**Please note, submissions which do not include a resume will not be considered.